I’m taking the plunge … and I think I’ll find it quite refreshing… BUT, I need your help!
As I have been going through the process of setting up my Patreon Page I am running into a conundrum… What to offer Patrons for their pledges!? So, I’m taking the question to you…
What would you like to see as a reward for various pledge tiers?
Now, if you don’t know what Patreon is, let me give you a brief rundown:
- (Basically) It is a monthly support system — you (as a Patron) pledge to give (x) amount a month for as long as you like (or as long as my page is up and running) and for your pledge amount you receive certain gifts / rewards — now, some pledge levels won’t get rewards, BUT you do most certainly have my gratitude and appreciation.
- Patreon is a way for Patrons to support creatives — It allows the artist (me) to connect with a broader community who would like to support them and will enjoy what they have to offer.
- Quoted from the homepage: “Patreon is home to 419,871 creators making a living from their work through subscription payments from their fans.”
- Now, Patreon would give some of the people I know a way to support me that wouldn’t necessarily mean they have to read my books — because I get it, some people aren’t readers — (and don’t worry, that’s one of my goals – that could be made possible through pledges – I want to turn my books into screenplays so that you can enjoy the tales on the “silver-screen” !!!)
Here’s some ideas I already have rolling around in my head:
- free ebooks
- free paperback books (signed ?)
- a google-hangout session — q&a perhaps (?) / webinars
- Help me with ideas — you could receive an unpublished version of the book and give me feedback on what worked and what didn’t
- a special thanks IN my books
- private facebook page
- give reviews
- book updates
- book tours / promotions
Why I’m signing up for Patreon (briefly) :
- I want to have better ways of distributing my work both in print and ebook forms
- More time to focus on my craft and create more and better novels for my fans
- I want to get my screenplay going — if that means rounding up a group of independent filmmakers on my own, I will 🙂
- Less stress
- More freedom
- More dedicated and devoted Time
I absolutely love what I do — and now I’m ready to take it to a whole new level of expansion, connections, and freedom!
Let me know your thoughts on this and what you would like to see as a reward!
Thanks so much 🙂